Yale’s Center for Teaching and Learning is proud to announce the 2017 Digital Education Innovation (DEI) Grant Program
Online information session with Q&A: January 6th, 3:00 pm ET. Register to attend.
Yale’s Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) invites applications for the 2017 Digital Education Innovation Grants. Ten grants in the amount of $500 will be awarded to support the creation of new and innovative educational opportunities for the Yale community using digital and/or online platforms. Yale Ph.D. students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences are welcome to apply. Team applications of up to four individuals per team will be accepted but will share one grant. Online teaching experience is not needed. Over the course of the first four weeks of project development, support will be provided through CTL-facilitated weekly development workshops, presentations, and access to Yale digital education development staff.
Any proposed project that focuses on interactive digital tools, media, and platforms to serve student learning will be considered including:
· Building online activities, tools or resources
· Activities or resources with innovative use of mobile devices
· Activities or resources with innovative use of social networks
· Building interactive simulations, activities or resources
· Building an app
The selection committee will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
· Impact on student or user learning
· Plan for implementation, sustainability, and, if relevant, dissemination
· All ideas are welcome
· Online education or teaching experience is not needed
· Access the application here
Selected grantees will receive:
· $500 (per individual or team of people up to four people)
· Weekly professional development workshops
· Access to Yale digital education & educational development staff
· Invitation to participate in a campus-wide public showcase of developed projects
· Online information session with Q&A: January 6th, 3:00 pm ET. Register to attend.
· Applications due: January 27th
· Grant recipients announced: February 6th
· Weekly professional development workshops (required)
· Public Showcase: Late April, 2017
Questions? Contact Kaury Kucera (email@example.com), CTL Associate Director for Graduate and Postdoctoral Teaching Development
Digital Education Innovation Grants are made possible by generous contributions from the Rosenkranz Fund.