Reporting to the Director of Faculty Teaching Initiatives, the Assistant Director will support the development of high-impact educational development activities, work to promote teaching excellence and equity across the University, and build communities that advance teaching and learning at Yale.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD or equivalent level degree and 3-5 years university teaching experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in the academic environment.
- Current knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on individual and collaborative projects.
- Sensitivity to teaching and learning needs and inclusive teaching issues at a major research university.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational, analytical, and program development skills.
1. Establish working relationships with faculty and Center staff through the design and implementation of consultations, institutes, workshops, and other programming informed by educational research and campus needs. 2. Assist Director with management of teaching grant programs, learning communities, and other cohort-building experiences centered in the CTL, collaborating with other CTL colleagues as appropriate. 3. Assist with design and creation of print and web-based instructional resources and highlight discipline-specific and inclusive pedagogical methods, in conjunction with other members of the Faculty Initiatives Team. 4. Conduct consultations and classroom observation services for faculty. Support portfolio and other custom presentations of teaching activity. Facilitate grant/fellowship applications related to teaching and learning. 5. Provide faculty support for course design, instructional design, and assessment development and delivery customized to subject area domains of faculty teaching across divisions and schools campus-wide. 6. Maintain a deep and current understanding of educational research, particularly as it relates to teaching and learning in university classroom and online environments, and as it relates to achieving educational equity. 7. Work with the Director on strategic planning and cultivating partnerships on campus to identify new needs and opportunities. Identify best practices and resources available beyond Yale. 8. Represent the CTL’s work at briefings, campus visits, conferences, and other academic venues. 9. Work with the Assistant Director for Educational Program Assessment to conduct ongoing assessment of programs and services, analyze workshop activity, surveys, captured footage, and other evidence of impact, and draw on such data for iterative improvement of CTL services.
Find out more
If this is enough to interest you, please search in Employment at Yale for Requisition Number: 42122BR.