A podcast (online audio recording) can help you communicate ideas, interviews and other content in an effective, readily accessible way. Podcasts are easy to record and can be downloaded to a mobile device such as smartphone or computer for convenient access any time.
- Easily reach a broad audience
- Embed a podcast in a website to enhance user experience
How to Get Support
The CTL has a Recording Studio fitted with the equipment for podcast, interviews, etc. It is available for faculty and students who would like to use it for Yale class or class related activities.
Request for the Recording Studio can be made through this form.
CTL staff can help you get started with podcasting hardware and software, and work with you to develop specific ideas that a podcast can execute effectively.
Podcasting Equipment in the Recording Studio
- Microphone: Yeti Blue USB Microphone which helps create impeccable, studio-quality recordings with intuitive and easy steps. The four different pattern modes provide flexibility to record a bevy of diverse recordings like podcast, interviews, audio for videos, vocals, etc.
- Studio Acoustics: Soundproofing acoustic foam is built in the side walls. It reduces echoes and background noise by absorbing the reverberations sound can make by bouncing off the walls.
- Mac Mini Computer with Audacity software for editing.