The Recording Studio is fitted with equipment for audio and video recording. It is available for faculty and students who would like to use it for a Yale class or class-related activities.
A CTL staff member will be available to demonstrate how to use the technology in the room before the first class session or class assignment.
- Microphone: Yeti Blue USB Microphone which helps create impeccable, studio-quality recordings with intuitive and easy steps. The four different pattern modes provide flexibility to record a bevy of diverse recordings like podcast, interviews, audio for videos, vocals, etc.
- Video Camera: Panasonic 4K is ideal for professional video recordings. It is on a tripod with adjustable height.
- Professional Lighting: With 2 Spotlight floor lamps and multiple adjustable ceiling lights to provide ideal light for diverse studio recordings.
- Studio Acoustics: Soundproofing acoustic foam is built in the side walls. It reduces echoes and background noise by absorbing the reverberations sound can make by bouncing off the walls.
- Professional Background for video recording.
- Ceiling Mounted Projector with a drop-down screen.
- Mac Mini Computer with Audacity software for editing.
- We encourage faculty to use this space for trying out and getting comfortable with incorporating new technology in their pedagogy.
- Podcasts for course assignments
- Audio/Video interviews
- Recording of video lecture/presentation
- Desktop Capture