GWL PitchVantage Studio for Public Speaking Practicing
Tired of practicing your speech to your dog or significant other? Need to keep practicing to see what aspects of effective delivery you still need to iron out?
The GWL has a new resource for you! The PitchVantage Studio offers this innovative software program for you to reserve and use at a time convenient for your schedule!
Why should I use PitchVantage?
PitchVantage is a program designed to help improve public speaking skills in a variety of different sectors of life. Easily navigating the space between boardroom and lecture hall, this program focuses on different aspects of public presentation, from pacing to pitch, and evaluates performance in real time.
How Can I Schedule a session for PitchVantage?
To schedule a session, go to the Consultation schedule and set up an appointment (similar to a writing consultation). The scheduling process is very similar and the same rules apply to the PitchVantage schedule (see the instructions here).
If you have any problems accessing the software, contact Allison Hadley, or come to her drop-in hours every Tuesday 9:30-11am to CTL M104B. Allison will take you through the steps of using the software and answer questions on public speaking.
What are the office hours?
The PitchVantage is accessible on Monday through Thursday, 9-11am and 5-7pm, and Friday, 9-11am (no afternoon session).
Where is PitchVantage studio located?
The studio is located on the mezzanine floor of the CTL in room M104B (the first tutoring room)
How does PitchVantage work?
1. Login to the computer in the PitchVantage studio with your Yale NetID and password.
2. Select PitchVantage and launch the program.
3. We have preset the program for your use, so you can ignore most of its settings.
4. Add the settings for your presentation by choosing a large room or a boardroom and technical or general audience, as well as setting the time for your practice.
5. Start your presentation looking at the animated audience. You can have your laptop handy if you work with slides, or you can upload your slides to your PitchVantage account.
6. When you finish your presentation, you can replay it and count the verbal detractors.
7. PitchVantage assigns the scoring for you, but do not get discouraged – you can practice again and again.
8. Take advantage of the numerous video-tutorials on various aspects of public speaking accessible through PitchVantage menu.
9. When you finish your session, do not forget to log out of your account.