The Yale Center for Teaching & Learning is leading the university’s transition to the Canvas learning management system - and we are searching for a high-quality teammate to join our core support team in the Center for Teaching and Learning. This job is more than supporting a Learning Management System, it is about working with our world-class faculty members to imagine the role technology could play in not only reaching, but surpassing, their teaching goals. This is about partnering with our award-winning instructors to imagine new methods for sharing educational materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and three years of experience of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated support of academic technologies required in a university setting, including the support of faculty and students in the use of an LMS (Canvas, Sakai, Blackboard, Moodle, D2L, etc.)
- Demonstrated passion and excitement for providing support with a collaborative, problem solving, and service-oriented attitude. Demonstrated enthusiasm, interest, and flexibility in acquiring new or emerging technology skills.
- Demonstrated skills designing support and training materials on technical systems of small to moderate size and complexity in a variety of media formats. Experience with modifying technical support materials on systems of all levels of difficulty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in communicating with non-technical audiences. Excellent attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Here’s what you should know if you’re interested…
- You will be joining a dynamic team that prefers to function as a collective than a random collection of one-off contributors.
- You will be challenged intellectually every single day you are here. Actually, several times per day.
- You must have the confidence to express your thoughts. We want you to present our faculty partners with your ideas, not simply react to their asks. The goal is to deliver the best possible outcome for them – and this will take teamwork between you and the faculty member.
- You must be comfortable working at a well-regarded institute of higher learning, in the middle of a spectacular urban campus with co-workers who respect and value one another.
Find out more
If this is enough to interest you, please search in Employment at Yale for Requisition Number: 41929BR.