Reporting to the Evaluation Director, this position will serve as a data specialist for the Evaluation Team at the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). S/he will manage data needs in partnership with specialists in multiple fields including, science education, statistics, computer science, and psychology. S/he will contribute to research of the Summer Institutes on Scientific Teaching as well as ongoing projects at the CTL.
Required Education and Experience:
- Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate’s degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge in Social Science and Computer Science.
- Computer programming ability and familiarity with social science research methodology in a field such as anthropology, psychology, or sociology.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Access including the ability to convert tab-delimited and comma-delimited files, and ability to move and analyze data from one program to another is essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written reports among the diverse fields where technical skills are to be applied.
- Working knowledge of webpage management software.
1. Maintaining a large relational Microsoft Access database containing survey data from thousands of participants nationwide. Responsibilities include ensuring data security procedures are followed in adherence to IRB and University standards, organizing excel files, database tables and relationships, importing new research survey data.
2. Distributing research surveys to faculty and students using Qualtrics, an online survey software. Responsibilities include collecting rosters and creating organized emailing lists, translating survey questions into professional quality Qualtrics research surveys, drafting and sending content to accompany surveys, administering surveys to participants nationwide.
3. Processing data requests and mentoring student intern(s). Responsibilities include developing data request procedures for the Evaluation Team, querying and compiling data to answer requests from the Summer Institutes community and team research questions, generating data reports for all CTL evaluation projects for collaborators and funding agencies with assistance from interns.
4. Updating the Summer Institutes website (summerinstitutes.org) with new and evolving content through Wix, a cloud-based web development platform. Responsibilities include updating website content (e.g. news articles, job postings, and event advertisements), expanding an interactive Google Map of participating institutions annually, communicating with Science faculty and making decisions in regards to website updates and content changes.
5. Managing the Summer Institutes online application through Submittable, a cloud-based submission management system. Responsibilities include responding to technical questions from applicants and Summer Institute Leaders, designing the Summer Institutes online application by translating questions into Submittable, routing incoming applications to appropriate programs.
Researches and collects data through site or home visit intakes; library research; structured interviews; or through other means for designated research assignments. Records and compiles information related to research data. Codes data accordingly to research specifications. Uses a computer terminal to input and retrieve data and to generate reports. Processes and summarizes data using scientific or statistical techniques. Assists in data interpretation and analyses. Reports on status of research activities. Recruits study participants and ensures that subject recruitment and follow-up are completed per protocol procedures. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. May assist in designing, developing, and modifying research experiments, procedures, or survey instruments. May assist research and support staff. Performs additional functions incidental to research activities.
Find out more
If this is enough to interest you, please search in Employment at Yale for Requisition Number: 41739BR.